Talkeetna has skyscrapers of granite and ice instead of steel. Denali, Mt ... More info ›
Talkeetna has skyscrapers of granite and ice instead of steel. Denali, Mt. Hunter and Mt. Foraker tower above the other peaks of the Alaska Range, forming our northern horizon. Cruise up the Kahiltna glacier, right over the climbers’ base camp at 7,200 ft., and wind between these giant peaks catching breathtaking views of Denali above and Denali's most popular climbing route, the West Buttress Route below.
- The mighty and stunning Kahiltna Glacier (2 miles wide and 45 miles long)
- West Ridge of Mount Hunter
- Beginning of the West Buttress Route, the most climbed route on Denali
- “The Great One”, Denali (20,320 ft.), Mt. Foraker (17,400 ft.) and Mt. Hunter (14,573 ft.)
- Mount Frances formally known as “Bergchen,” German slang for “Little mountain”
- The North Buttress of Mount Hunter - a 4,000-foot granite technical showpiece and world class climbing objective
Explore the wonders of Denali! Please check in for your flight 30 minutes before scheduled departure time or schedule a complimentary transfer from your local hotel, inn, B&B, or rail depot. Before taking flight, take part in a short safety briefing. You’ll then be off on your 1.25 hour scenic flight of Denali or 1.75 hour flight and glacier landing.
View the vertical rise of Denali starting at its base of around 2000 feet to over 20,320 feet. Explore the most-climbed, western face of Denali and an additional massive glacier system, the Kahiltna. Then fly East and take in the flowing river of the Ruth Glacier, the renowned Sheldon Amphitheater (glacier landings often done here), the Great Gorge with its mile high granite walls - the world's deepest, and the intense blue melt water pools that dot the glaciers.
With a guaranteed window seat, you can sit back and relax as you enjoy the incredible views. A two way headset is provided so you can communicate with your expert pilot as he/she shares incredible commentary along the way.